Friday, January 21, 2011

Fun with (faux) fur

Too funny, I opened the Winter edition of ASG's 'Notions' to see that faux fur is THE fashion sewing thing for 2011. Well, the (faux) fur has been flying in my studio over the last year as I have been on quite the (faux) fur binge. I suppose it is time to show and tell!

Just two quick examples from a black rayon fur from Germany are:

A faux take on a 1935 German pattern for a fur vest with antique black glass buttons (pattern coming very soon).





Birthday present to myself for 2010: My faux fur version of an 1862 corset laced with silk satin ribbon from The Ribbon Store.

1 comment:

Debi said...

Oh! I love both the corset and the vest! I just bought some faux fur for the 1931 pattern and I adore it...it's soooooo soft! this will be my first time sewing with it but I'm sure it will be an affair to last!