I am keeping all finishes invisible with silk organza.
Here is a single bias for the armseye...(the finished slip shows underneath in this view.)
For a perfect alignment to create the chevron effect, I cut the left skirt front from the right skirt front as I did for the bodice fronts:
Shows a detail of how I am trying to work out easing the bodice front to the skirt (I will gather it):
The center front skirt seam looks crooked in this photo, but it is not:
With the left side seam stitched, this image shows the fullness of the skirt hem:
I finished the waistline seam with organza double bias and pressed the seam upward.
When the gown is complete, I will have it dry-cleaned and pressed to remove any sizing in the ribbon and soften it overall.
I am now on the brink of assembling the entire skirt and gathering the front of that bodice down to it-more coming shortly!