Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Gatsby Ribbon Frock Update!

I am keeping all finishes invisible with silk organza.

Here is a single bias for the armseye...(the finished slip shows underneath in this view.)


For a perfect alignment to create the chevron effect, I cut the left skirt front from the right skirt front as I did for the bodice fronts:



Shows a detail of how I am trying to work out easing the bodice front to the skirt (I will gather it):



The center front skirt seam looks crooked in this photo, but it is not:



With the left side seam stitched, this image shows the fullness of the skirt hem:


I finished the waistline seam with organza double bias and pressed the seam upward.



When the gown is complete, I will have it dry-cleaned and pressed to remove any sizing in the ribbon and soften it overall.

I am now on the brink of assembling the entire skirt and gathering the front of that bodice down to it-more coming shortly!

6 comments:

Gail said...

A masterpiece in the making.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Looks like quite the process! A very facinating idea, using ribbon. Beautiful affect.

Virginie said...

That looks soooooo promising! Can't wait to see the final result!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just stumbled across your blog and I love this! It's so great!

Time Traveling in Costume said...

THIS is amazing!
Val

Anonymous said...

Dare I say that it looks better than the original!? I love your site, btw. I stumbled across it while looking up stuff on Google about the Victorian bat costume. Your work is really gorgeous :)