Sunday, March 13, 2016

Mar. 7 - Mar. 11, The Week in Patterning 12

Aside from grading patterns, I have been in the throes of revising pattern instructions this week. Over time, I add information and details accompanying some of the patterns as I receive orders for them. Therefore, I limited this week's board to a project I am resuming.

I cut the semi-sheer cotton dress from pattern D30-6223 some time ago and parked it for not deciding what color to use when interlining the dress. I wanted to ensure that the white figures in the print would be apparent, yet I did not want the finished dress to be 'glowing' white, overall. So, I opted to go with a bisque tone habotai. Once that yardage arrives it will be bound buttonhole-city for me and I will be sure to share that process here!
At top right, is a draping study I did with double-side silk satin ribbon in place of making fabric straps for the halter. I am happy with how I can get the ribbon to go and I intend to use it around the waist too, in lieu of a 1-1/2" belt (I am short-waisted). The scheme at bottom right gives the front of the dress where I lapped the left front panel in place, along with the sage ribbon I will use and one of the (8 total) shell buttons.
I posted this project on a quick pinterest board-the buttons do not have a source link as they are from my shop stock 11 years ago.



I worked up additional sizes in the 1945 Lounging Ensemble I mentioned previously.
It is now available to 46" bust.

Don't forget, my Fitting 40's Pattern Challenge (details, here) kicks off March 21!

No comments: