Saturday, July 26, 2014

Latest in Multi-Size Patterns!

Now in sizes 12 to 46, the 1933 Lounging Ensemble originally by Simplicity:
A really unusual pattern for the wide leg pajama trousers and apron which attaches via buttonhole to the blouse.  The blouse has two sleeve variations in short puff or shirred styles.  The ensemble also features the non-closing jacket with bell sleeve.


Also in multi-size patterns, the 1944 Suit Dress and Scarf by Vogue.  It is currently available in sizes 18 through 46 since this the last of the custom grades I did for this year.  I will add sizes 14 and 16 per demand:

The 1939 Dressing Gown by Advance:
The last of a small series of 1860's patterns, the 1862 Veste Figaro, a Spanish style jacket and waistcoat:

A customer brought to my attention a couple of errors I managed to make in the 1956 Swim or Playsuit pattern.  I gave too much length in the bodice back piece which is noticeable at the side seam.  Additionally, the buttonhole marking was incorrectly placed on the back neck band.  The right side of the buttonhole line is to end at the center back line indicated.  I have re-drafted each of these pieces and fine-tuned the back stay piece to align properly, so please let me know via e-mail if you need me to send the revised pieces to you at no charge, of course.
Also remember that the original skirt came in one size to fit 14 through 20 (aside from the skirt length for size 12) so, I left the skirt as such although because I added sizes 40 and 42 to the range, there will be up to an 11" opening between the front edges of the skirt under the waistband ties.  I recommend adding an additional pleat in the skirt or re-doing the pleats proportionally to accommodate your selected size in order that the two front skirt edges nearly meet, as shown in the original pattern art.


Lastly, my personal sewing is always at the mercy of business demands, so I haven't any progress photos to share regarding the sheer projects I mentioned in the last post (although there is progress).  I plan to make those updates next time I post here.

Up next time is the release of the 1930 frock with cut outs by McCall

and the French dress with kimono sleeves and sweetheart neckline

Happy sewing in the meantime!

No comments: