Saturday, September 26, 2009

Patterns Focus for 2010

I have some very special vintage designs from which I will create a fantasy line of costume patterns in 2010.
These will be perfect for a formal occasion where something a little more unusual is appropriate.
I am naming the line 'The Silk Bat' (Die Seidene Fledermaus) for the 1887 Bat costume with which I am beginning this line (but will be ready in summer of 2010). All of the patterns are historically accurate and very do-able (if you will), and definitely have an intense edge.
Of course, I will continue with very practical, yet beautiful patterns for everyday wear as well.
Here is a nice preview of the first pattern I expect to have finished in time for Easter:


As printed on the original art:
'Evening gown of tulle. Leaf-like design for back and large bow. Chic New York, Hollywood.'
I estimate this design to be 1930, but I need to research that more...

When I do things, I do them BIG (can you tell?)

2 comments:

Marji said...

Can't wait to see this line.

Chantelle said...

Gasp! How gorgeous is that! I'm also looking forward to seeing this line.

I have very few occasions to wear such dresses but I love to look at the patterns and illustrations. Besides, one never knows when one might need a fancy dress. It's best to be prepared. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :) )